ImageX has an immediate opportunity for a talented Development Team Lead to join our award winning team. At ImageX you’ll work on exciting and challenging projects with some big name clients while collaborating with some of the best and brightest in the biz. Our strong preference will be to candidates who are available to work full time onsite at our office in Vancouver, BC.
We’re looking for an individual who has a solid foundation of Drupal development skills with a knack (and passion) for coaching and mentoring individuals. Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Development Team Lead supervises a small team of Drupal developers and contributes to efforts to grow and develop our team while building compelling and innovative websites.
- Supervise a team of Drupal developers and manage their performance through coaching, mentoring, and proactive performance management techniques
- Assess knowledge and skills of development team and make regular training/development recommendations to the Director of Technology
- Provide training and guidance to developers to support a learning culture and ensure high quality of all software produced by the team
- Work with developers to ensure development workflow adhere to requirements and project timelines
- Provide web development services in the building of or maintaining client websites
- Work closely with the Project Management and Sales Departments to define and estimate the technical scope of web projects
- Keep well informed of industry best practices and advances and share new knowledge to improve company processes, technology, and results
- Speak at conferences and events on ImageX’s behalf
- Occasional client training
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years Drupal web development experience
- Minimum of 5 years web programming experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in a lead developer or supervisory role
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience integrating open source and 3rd party applications into existing systems
- Intermediate proficiency in Linux administration, Apache configuration, MySQL database design, and PHP web development
- Thorough understanding and proven implementation of W3C Web Standards
- Experience with PC, Mac, Google Drive, Skype and online collaboration tools
- A passion to learn and advance your self-education
- Strong sense of responsibility and initiative
- Self-starter who takes initiative for self-improvement in areas of weakness
- Passion for excellence at every level
Please use our online application form found at http://imagexmedia.com/careers and submit your resume, cover letter, portfolio, code samples and social media profiles.
We're an award-winning Drupal development shop that was founded in 2001. With over 100 successful Drupal site launches, we have the expertise needed to ensure success. We’re located at the nexus of one of the best places on earth, in beautiful Burnaby British Columbia – just a short trip to the beach or to first-class ski slopes. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of both clients and our team – which means we value creativity, involvement, flexibility & the constant high of being crazy in love with what we do.