Pantheon Systems is fast moving start-up based in San Francisco's Chinatown district making it radically easier for organizations to develop and manage their websites. Pantheon is an all-in-one Drupal platform that gives websites smooth scaling from day one. Businesses trust Pantheon to take their mission-critical websites from dev sandboxes to live sites with millions of page views--all without ever changing infrastructures. Developers look to Pantheon for everything they need to build & run solid websites at the speed of light.
We're fond of beer, games, technology, space exploration, bicycles and really good East Coast bagels. We value autonomy, humor and hard work balanced with solid social time together. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities, and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. Working here is awesome. We make it rain.
We're looking for a Head of Engineering to manage and build our growing team of engineers and designers, and to help them create better, faster product solutions so that we can serve our customers who use our technology to host over 15,000 websites.
Some of the specific projects you'll take on include:
* Managing our engineering team
-- Career development and team 1on1s
-- Resource management between teams and initiatives
-- Hire and onboard new engineers
* Putting in place and executing an engineering management process
-- Ensure we're shipping quality product efficiently
-- Ensure engineers are focused on the right thing at the right time
-- Define a cadence for the engineering team for big and small projects
* Driving engineering initiatives from conception through release
-- Help define business goals of engineering efforts
-- Help scope and plan engineering work
-- Drive initiatives through QA and release
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* Managed a team of engineers creating a web-based application or platform;
* Created and enforced best practices for effective development, and is comfortable handling code reviews;
* Developed a few successful applications in a modern web-stack which included modern
* Worked in an engineering-oriented culture where managers are facilitators;
* Experience with platforms, distributed systems, and networks;
* In the trenches experience operating code at scale, carrying a pager, and keeping a big system online.
* You've been building software solutions in Python since before it was cool, and are chomping at the bit to do more.
* Whatever the project scope, you're comfortable and committed to Agile development.
* You have a GitHub repository where we can see code you've shared and forked.
* You have experience with anything in our current stack: Fedora 17 "Beefy Miracle" + Cassandra + Python (Twistd Web, Twistd Conch, Twistd DNS) + Redis + CoffeScript + Socket.io + Backbone + Sensu + Git
Cool, I do all those things. What's in it for me?
What we can offer you:
* The chance to have a big impact working with a small team that's doing huge things already.
* Flexible schedule.
* A solid salary and the possibility of space travel.
* Discount on custom bicycles from Mission Bicycle
* Stock options
* Vacation days and time off
* Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
* Top-of-line equipment
* This is a full time onsite position at our offices in San Francisco, CA.
* Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.