Senior Drupal Engineers
CivicActions has been the leading provider of quality Drupal services to the nonprofit sector since 2004. We are leveraging our experience of introducing the nonprofit world to Open Source and Agile and we are now rapidly expanding our business to serve Federal, state and local governments with our signature quality of service.
We are looking for experienced Drupal experts to join our team and learn our extraordinary approach to delivering Open Source technology solutions to government and non-government clients. We believe the way we do business is as important as the product we create. We communicate openly, we operate consciously and acknowledge and correct our failures when they happen. Work/life balance is a metric we measure and report alongside revenue and profitability. We have adapted the Agile software development methodology into every aspect of our business operations and have created a robust and agile infrastructure to grow the company.
We're a positive, open-minded team that values diversity, flexibility, cultivating a healthy work/life balance, and supporting one another. We're looking for people who think this sounds like a dream job. Your first test will be to completely read this entire ad, and if you're interested, follow the instructions for submitting your qualifications for consideration.
Senior Engineer / Tech Lead / Drupal Architect
CivicActions is seeking qualified Senior Engineers, Tech Leads or Drupal Architects. Technical leads work within our Agile Scrum process as a lead and technical resource for the scrum team, as well as planning and developing the technical architecture for the site. The technical lead is also highly engaged with the client, helping them understand the options, refine and prioritize options.
- Co-creation of project plans and pre-sales activities (estimates, sprint plans, scope, approach, schedule, risks).
- Fostering high quality intra-team communication.
- Identifying and removing obstacles blocking team-members progress on a project.
- Assist team members in solving outstanding technical issues as they arise.
- Responsiveness to Project Manager and client needs and requests.
- Participation in weekly engineering department and project specific meetings.
- Ability to provide clear descriptions and accurate estimates of the technical deliverables.
- Passion for using technology to make a positive change in our world.
- Demonstrated technical and analytic proficiency, communication and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead web development projects in a consulting or professional services environment, working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working on projects using an agile framework (e.g. Scrum, XP, Kanban).
- Superior client facing skills - ability to communicate technical options in non-technical terms, as well as anticipate and surface challenges and opportunities.
- Project team leadership - lead detailed engineering discussions, monitor and review tickets, team deliverables and the overall project process for quality, efficiency and standards and provide appropriate feedback and support.
- Track record of contributions to the Drupal community, FOSS or other open community projects.
- Experience working both independently and in collaboration with remote, geographically diverse teams - must be very comfortable working via e-mail chat, IRC, audio/video conference etc.
- Available for a minimum of 30 hours a week and up to 40.
- Existing security clearance is preferred, eligibility required (US Citizen, no criminal record, etc.)
The technical skill sets we are looking for are:
- In depth knowledge of Drupal site building, module and theme development, or demonstrable transferrable skills on other web based frameworks.
- Skilled at working throughout the LAMP stack: PHP/MySQL development, command line and version control skills.
- Experience with CRM systems, especially CiviCRM or CRMs in a non-profit context is a plus.
- Complementary/specialized skills such as UX, design, QA, accessibility, performance, system administration are also a plus.
We've got a great team of superstars and a great opportunity to learn. You can find out more about us by checking out this web site.
If you are interested please send us your CV and a cover letter at http://www.civicactions.com/contact/jobs. Let us know what you do now and what you would like to do in the near future.