Pingv has an immediate opening for an experienced Senior Drupal Architect with a proven track record demonstrating mastery of Drupal architecture and software engineering. We are looking for that smart, self-directed person with the right mix of passion for using Drupal-focused technology to solve problems, hands-on coding, mentoring others, talking to users, and contributing back to the open source community.
This is a virtual/telecommute position.
What You'll Do
- Lead Drupal Architecture and development for a variety world-class clients.
- Site building and custom Drupal development following best practices in Drupal module development.
- Develop third-party integrations; working with third-party APIs.
- Upgrade, patch, and contribute bug fixes to existing Drupal modules.
- Participate in project post implementation reviews and contribute to recommendation reports in order to identify successful/unsuccessful project elements. Help write case studies.
- Participate and engage with the Drupal community through our Drupal Give program.
- Occasional blogging (once a month or more).
What You Need
- Expert in Drupal 7. Several years of enterprise-level experience with Drupal is strongly preferred, including knowledge of earlier versions of Drupal. You know your way around the Drupal.org issue queue and API documentation.
- A demonstrable record of participation in the Drupal community(i.e., your Drupal ID shows a history of engagement and participation, or equivalent).
- You grok open source.
- Professionalism, reliability, integrity. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Collaborative but can "own" a piece of a project and run with it.
- Experience and comfort with Agile.
- Bachelor's and/or post-graduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, HCI, Information Systems ... or experience and expertise that demonstrate how that degree wasn't necessary. (Analytical skills, problem solving ability, software engineering know-how.)
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent English is a must. Multilingual is a plus.
- Drupal 8 familiarity; participation a plus.
If you're the architect we're looking for, send us your resume! And find us at our sponsor table at BADcamp!