About Being a Technical Specialist at Apigee Click Here To Apply
A one year assignment in Switzerland with all living and travel expenses paid. The Technical Specialist of Drupal within the Customer Success team is responsible for working with large enterprise corporations to build, customize and maintain a corporate CMS portal. This is beyond the average Drupal developer role. We are looking for someone who has what it takes to understand and implement Drupal systems that are cloud based and interact with the rest of the Apigee platform via REST API calls.
The Technical Specialist will...
- Build rich, interactive websites using the CMS Drupal platform
- Create, enhance and maintain web sites built on the Drupal content management framework
- Develop custom Drupal modules with an emphasis on scalability and reusability across a large number of web sites
- Help customers install and deploy Drupal sites using command line tools
- Solve a variety of problems faced by corporations wanting to create or extend an API strategy
Think you might be our Technical Specialist? You bring to the table...
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in Drupal 6 and 7 module and theme development following Drupal coding standards and best practices
- Experience with internal workings of Drupal core such as the hooks, views, fields, menus, and forms APIs
- Experience in deploying a Drupal project across multiple environments (development, staging, production, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML and using REST APIs
- Experience with branching/tagging/release management using revision control systems, specifically Git
- Experience performing software QA testing and using SimpleTest or other automated testing frameworks
- Excellent communication skills, capable of conducting technical discussions in English
- Experience with deployment tools such as Drush, Drush make and Features
- Experience in using ssh and command line tools to create bash scripts and install new software on remote Unix/Linux based servers
- A more than basic understanding of relational databases and SQL, including the ability to properly add new tables and relationships to an existing schema
About Apigee, the Platform for Digital Business
Apigee’s market is comprised of businesses undergoing digital transformation in response to the sudden dominance of mobile end-user computing and related new forms of competition. This is a new style of computing. It cannot be delivered by putting old infrastructure in the cloud because the pattern is fundamentally different: distributed, occasionally connected, chaotic.
Digital business is realized through apps exchanging data with enterprises. Apps cannot be built without APIs. APIs must be easy to consume. The entire digital value chain must be visible to the business. This wave is about bringing the developer who builds the app closer to the person who uses it while giving real-time transparency to the business via data. To meet these needs, we have built a digital business platform.
We are a new breed of company that builds high-quality software in the cloud and on-premises and makes it available to everyone in the world. We focus on building great software for developers and business leaders by providing that software for free, along with outstanding education about the digital transformation that is changing our world and on selling with direct engagement all the way through our customers’ success. The results put us in privileged company with sustained outstanding growth in revenue, new enterprise customers, and developers.
About Apigee People
Apigee hires smart people who love to solve hard problems and have fun. We’re passionate. We love APIs, we love our customers, and we love application developers. We work as a team, fast and focused, learning as we go. We respect one another, our customers and everyone we do business with.
About the Customer Success Team at Apigee
Apigee Customer Success is the professional services arm of Apigee. Our objective is ensuring customer delight. We are a worldwide team and offer unique and interesting opportunities in consulting for a wide variety of customers across multiple industries. If you like the challenge of taking on mission critical implementations, then Customer Success is the team for you!
Apigee offers great compensation, work-life balance, health insurance coverage, insurance for your financial protection, and savings/investment plans. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 401(k).
We are a non-accrued vacation time company, whereby we allow as much time you need for personal and vacation matters, with proper management approval. There is freedom in planning the workday with flexible start and stop times subject to the company's needs.
Apigee is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.