****** Please note we've had a venue change: this training will now be in Dwinelle 370*******
Whether you're a Drupal developer, a themer, site builder, or just a Drupal hobbyist, this workshop will get you up to speed on the most important new changes in Drupal 8. We will be discussing everything from user interface changes and configuration options to theming and programming API changes. It's just what you need to know what to look out for when you start building in Drupal 8, and upgrading your old Drupal sites.
- Giving a high-level historical overview of the Drupal 8 release
- Looking at the new UI and site-building tools
- Reviewing new modules in core, and what's been removed
- Discussing the most important API changes
- Taking a look at the new Twig theme engine
- Sharing how-to information and resources for upgrading modules & themes
Who the training is appropriate for:
Anyone who is curious about changes are in store with Drupal 8, and specifically this is targeted at people who have built sites with Drupal 7 and want to know what is new, and what has changed, since Drupal 7.