Enter your username and password to login to your account.
Shibboleth SSO & Drupal
What is single sign-on?
Single sign-on (SSO) allows a user to log in once and gain access to all independent, but related, software systems without being prompted to log in again at each of them.
Why use single sign-on?
Large institutions benefit from SSO by centralizing authentication servers that all other applications use. Not only does it allows them to pass user information to services within the institution, but also plays a key role in securely moving data to services outside of that institution. From a business standpoint, this standardization reduces costs. From an end-user standpoint, there is a lesser risk of "password-fatigue".
What is Shibboleth? Why should I use Shibboleth?
- Understand all of the jargon:
- Benefits of using Shibboleth
- Challenges of using Shibboleth
How do I use Shibboleth?
- Learn how to install and configure Shibboleth SP from scratch
- Learn how to actually create your first SSO integration with an idP
- Learn how to integrate Drupal with said Shibboleth SP software
- Learn about the options of doing this including benefits and challenges of each
What do I need to be wary of?
- Multi-site considerations
What will help me?
- Understanding error messages
- Debugging tips
- Other tools
This session is targeted at developers with little or no Shibboleth knowledge.
About the Presenter
I work for BioRAFT as a Development Engineer and am responsible for anything that gets thrown my way. I thrive in areas related to user management including SSO & permissions templates as well as adding some whizz-bang to sites with jQuery. Drupal has been my tool of choice since 2007.