Enter your username and password to login to your account.
Achieving Continuous Integration with Drupal — Video Available
Note: This is a 3-hour interactive lab session.
Designing, coding, testing, and debugging killer websites is hard. The process of staging code, running tests, and demoing and deploying the site shouldn't be. Right?
Yeah, right. Everyone wants to follow the best practices for site development, but few have time to set up a Continuous Integration system and learn how to use it.
In this hands-on lab, you will learn how to follow all the principles of Continuous Integration by actually building and deploying a live Drupal site. Topics will include:
- Using a source code repository without losing your mind
- Working with multiple environments, such as a development environment for each team member plus separate testing and production environments
- Migrating code, database, and files across environments
- Automating testing, database updates and scrubbing, and more
- Recovering quickly from disaster when broken code is deployed
This lab is for Drupal site developers, but is also useful for their engineering managers or technical project managers. No coding required; sample code and patches are provided. We will use Acquia Free Cloud as a demonstration platform.