Enter your username and password to login to your account.
Appifying San Mateo County with OpenPublic — Video Available
San Mateo County chose to move their county's sites to a new, open source Drupal platform built on OpenPublic. Using a special blend of apps, a shared search index, panels, and content sharing, the new platform was built to maintain a strong central brand while meeting user demand for autonomy and flexibility.
This session is a moderated panel discussion, walking through how the San Mateo team choose OpenPublic and an Apps strategy for their custom built platform.
The discussion will include:
- San Mateo County's website original challenges and goals
- How we decided on the platform approach:Drupal and OpenPublic
- Managing multiple sites' requirements with Apps
- Unified Search and Aggregated content with SOLR
- Micro and Sub-Sites with Panels
The discussion will be moderated by Project Manager Felicia Haynes, and include Beverly Thames and Andrew Kenmore from the Information Services Department, County of San Mateo, and Erik Summerfield and Shawn Mole from Phase 2.