Enter your username and password to login to your account.
Integrated Analytics: Drupal 8 and the Statistics API — Video Available
Analytics services like Google Analytics and Omniture allow us to analyze our content popularity, demographics, and conversion metrics; though these services can provide extremely useful insights, they keep data silo'd off from the rest of our application. In order to deliver and manage highly optimized, custom tailored web experiences, we must go beyond after-the-fact analysis by deeply integrating our application with our analytics. This session will introduce Drupal 8 and the Statistics API, how it can be leveraged to achieve analytics integration, and demonstrate how it can be used by site builders and extended by developers to meet an illustrative business objective.
Questions answered by this session
- What is integrated analytics and why do I need it?
- How does the Statistics API in Drupal 8 provide this functionality?
- How is the API architected and how can I implement and extend it?
- Stat entities
- Stat methods
- Stat method plugins: when and how to implement
- Stat data plugins: when and how to implement
Those new to Drupal 8 will also find this session invaluable as an introduction to D8's entity API, annotated plugin system, and dependency injection.