Enter your username and password to login to your account.
Knock out the Drupal Themer: Pure HTML front-ends with Knockout.js
Prerequisites: To benefit from this session, you need only to understand HTML, and Creating Content Types and Views with Drupal.
This session will provide a technical over and demonstration of a technique for creating pure HTML front-ends for Drupal managed content using Knockout JS, Backbone, and JSON data.
We'll walk through:
- Setting up back end data with the RestWS and Views Data Source modules.
- KnockoutJS, BackboneJS, and Knockback, the library that blissfully marries the two.
- Adding the necessary attributes to your HTML mark-up to insert your dynamic content.
- How to compile pages with Drush to optionally include PHP output.
- Workflow recommendations including file layout in source control and automated compilation.
The presentation notes/slides are published here (& attached below):
Github repo for the step-by-step walk-through: