Enter your username and password to login to your account.
Project Prophylaxis: Practicing Safe Contracts
Link to Prezi presentation: http://prezi.com/udoxltaaqeuh/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share
Prophylaxis, def.: the prevention of disease, as by protective measures.
A panel of Drupal shop owners and their lawer Gabe Levine will be discussing some key points to protect yourself from project disease within the course of a client engagement.
Audience: Everyone should practice safe projects to prevent contagion. High risk groups: freelancers, project managers, business stakeholers, partners / collaborative teams, and shop owners.
- Choosing Clients (we should choose clients?)
- Negotiations and Contracts (what is all this legal mumbo jumbo, anyway?)
- Work Phase (we can get paid along the way?)
- Clients gone wild! (they did what?!)
About the panel:
- Gabe Levine, new media lawyer extraordinaire. Presented "F*ck You, Pay Me" session with Mike Monteiro at SF Creative Mornings. LMGTFY.
- Aaron Stanush - Design Strategist & Co-Founder, Four Kitchens
- Casey Cobb - CEO & Co-Founder, Project Ricochet
- Aimee Degnan - CEO & Co-Founder, Hook 42
Disclaimer: even though a lawyer will be present, this session is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of legal advice.