Enter your username and password to login to your account.
Stucture Your Sass - Video Available
The video for this session is available at archive.org using this link https://archive.org/details/StructureYourSASS. There may be dropouts in the video - it is not your computer.
UPDATE: Thanks everyone for coming and for the great questions! Slides now available at: http://www.slideshare.net/penguininja/structure-your-sass-badcamp-2013-2...
So you've heard of SASS, maybe you're using it already. Look how pretty it makes your code! That is until you get a list, in a block, that comes from a view, that also uses some mixins and a media query. How does the SASS code structure fit in with your Drupal theme? What if you want to use your own grid? Should you put those rules in a separate stylesheet or maybe a partial? (Wait, what's a partial??)
This session will cover:
- How to most effectively use SASS variables, mixins, extends, partials, and more
- An intro to how the popular Zen base theme uses SASS out-of-the-box
- How to use SASS to make your theme (and your design!) more semantic
- An intro to SMACSS (Scalable and Modular Architecture for CSS)
- How to easily go from prototype to theme, without duplicating your work
And will raise even more questions, such as:
- Where did all these media queries come from? And..
- Where did my line numbers go and how do I get them back?!
The target audience is proficient in CSS and interested in making the most out of the SASS (Syntactically Awesome Stylesheets) for their next Drupal theme or project.