Recurly, Inc. provides enterprise-class recurring billing management for over seven hundred and fifty subscription-based SaaS, Web 2.0, Mobile, content and publishing businesses worldwide. Businesses like Fox News Radio, JibJab Media, Weather Underground, Justin.tv, GOOD.is, Slideshare and EquityFeed depend on Recurly’s ability to deliver recurring billing automation. Since it’s launch in January of 2010, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for companies throughout North America and the European Union. Recurly, Inc. is PCI-DSS Level 1 Compliant, and operates in compliance with the data protection practices outlined in the E.U. Safe Harbor agreement found athttp://www.export.gov/safeharbor. Recurly can be found at http://recurly.com.
We are looking for a Sr. Ruby Developer to join our expanding Engineering team.
* At least 3 years of Ruby (Rails / Sinatra a plus) preferred but will also consider bright candidates with strong Java background in a MVC- based implementation of a web platform.
* Strong relational MySQL database experience. Understanding how to write efficient queries, knowledge of replication, optimization and monitoring.
* Working with very large datasets. Must have good understanding of performance issues relating to large complex / big data systems.
* Has successfully delivered and maintained a web based application running 24/7.
* Basic knowledge of networking and hosting concepts (DNS, SSL, load balancing), including deployment and operations of distributed systems.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Comfortable in a very agile development environment (things really do change all the time)
* A willingness to do whatever it takes. We are a startup! We are a small team and need everyone to be flexible.
* Positive attitude (we re a growing start-up, we're a roll up your sleeves and get it done kind of group).
* No Ego
* Strong UI (CSS/HTML) skills and a desire to create amazing user experiences. (Responsive design experience a plus).
*Experience in the billing/payments space.